Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Crafty DaY

Ok...so I LOVE reading the Slaughter's Blog. Angela S. made a post on scrap wood pumpkins a few days ago. I loved the idea and since I am NOT a crafty person, decided to give it a go! lol
Like Angela, I wanted to spend $0 dollars on this project. So, when Brian got home from work, I told him what I wanted to do and he took me out to his shop and we came across an old light pole. I immediately new this would work! Brian got his chain saw and cut me some various sizes. Then he found a piece of wood he cut up small for my stems. I said earlier that I am NOT crafty, so I didn't have any sand paper or ribbon or orange paint! What was I to do...well, I did have some yellow paint left over from painting my living room and some red left over from the kitchen, so I started mixing!! Came up with a color that I have no idea what you would call it, but it dried pretty and works! Avery got to make his own scrap wood pumpkin today also. Then we planted some flowers! Fun Day and thanks for the great idea Angela! She actually got the idea from Crafty Chic Mommy's blog....you can go to either blog to see their scrap wood pumpkins. :)


Here are their stems I painted brown....Brian walked into the kitchen that night and I heard him say "brownies!"...no honey....pumpkin stems!!

Sutton hung out with us and watched...



Avery painting his pumpkin.



Sutton still watching.....he's such a patient good baby!

There they are! Our Scrap Wood Pumpkins!

Cute huh!?!

My BOYS! Love you guys!

1 comment:

Boni Williamson said...

Those are ADORABLE!

(And...why did he have an old light pole? Those boys and their shops...never know what you're gonna find!)