Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Mr. & Mrs. Polk


 My sister got married!!  Her and now husband went to St. Thomas last week (and are still there) to exchange their wedding vows and enjoy a honeymoon like none other!  I joined them for the weekend in the Carribbean.  WOW is all I can say.  I have never ever in my whole life seen such a beautiful place.  I WILL GO BACK...someday I hope!!  My sister's best friend Jamie, myself, PJ's brother Mikie and his girlfriend Sam were all able to be there for this amazing day.  I cannot put into words how amazing, beautiful, wonderful, and special this wedding was. We also had lots of fun just hanging out, dancing, eating dinner, and looking at the view. 









 Getting ready for her big day!  We went and laid on the beach for a while, got in the pool, and then off to get ready....so exciting!!

 PJ's mother went to be with the Lord in September at 49 years young.  She was one of the most AMAZING women that I have ever heard of.  Anyone who knew Linda Polk will tell you what an amazing and wonderful woman she was and life she lived.  Not to mention the two boys she raised and loved with every ounce of her being.  Lindsey got this lace and pendant of Linda's for her bouquet.  It couldn't have been more perfect.  The "N" is for Linda's maiden name, Nelson.
 They came to pick us up and take us down to the beach to meet her groom!

 They had PJ looking out at the ocean until Lindsey was ready to walk down to him.

 The ceremony was so good.  The man who married them had met with PJ earlier (we didn't know this) and had PJ tell him the love story of him and Lindsey.  So, to begin the ceremony, he started with how Lindsey and PJ started kindergarten together and went on from there and how they fell in love and all that good stuff.....I.WAS.A.BAWL.BAG.  What a perfect ceremony!!






Our Mimi sewed in their wedding date with blue thread on the inside of Lindsey's dress for "something blue."



 Here are a couple of pictures of the resort.


Here we all are at dinner one night... 

 Iguanas would just be walking around...so cool!





Congratualations to PJ and Lindsey and I hope you have many, many wonderful years of happiness together!  Enjoy the rest of your honeymoon!

No comments: